Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I hate resolutions.....

Well this New Years Resolution is not off to a great start like I hoped it would :(

I had a short list of things I would like to accomplish and dates to have them accomplished by.

It is now January 23rd and I have done squat. The two things that come to mind are that I wanted to write two blog posts per week and to lose another 40 lbs by June 1st. Well, writing is sporadic and so is my diet.

I lost my weight loss partner because she decided to go have another baby. Without the accountability I just suck at it. I lost my first 40lbs with her and that's it. Nothing more. I'm cheating left and right. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to lose another 40 by June 1st. I need to get some will power and just do it!!! I could sit here and tell you that I'm trying but the truth is, I'm not. I am a little but not like I was when we were doing it together. She is a really great motivator. She pushes me. She tells me when I am eating like crap. She is honest. She  holds me accountable. Without her I can do whatever I want because I have no one to answer to.

I've tried to make other friends online through the weight loss sites I belong to but it's not the same. She knows me. She knows all my bad habits. Now I'm all whiny and need cake.

As far as my other resolution, writing 2 blog posts per week. Um, yeah, I suck at that. It's not that I don't have anything to write about because believe me I have plenty. Ever since I made this blog kinda of known to all my friends and family there are just certain things I can't write about. Boo. I am going to start putting more of an effort into writing though. I love it. I may not be good at it but I love it. I write as if I am speaking, no seriously, like a little voice in my brain in talking and my fingers are typing. It's kind of creepy to me.

Oh well, it's about time for me to call it a night. I will leave you with one picture from this past week though.

I did complete one project on my yearly todo list. I bought a crap ton of photo storage boxes and organized every single picture I had. They are all nicely organized and labeled in their boxes. As I was organizing I came across this beautiful card. I have no idea when this was given to me or by who. The day I found this is the day I REALLY needed to find this. I keep it beside my bed now. I read it often. This card keeps me in check. This card renews my faith in Christ every single time I read it. This card keeps me focused. Keeps my eye on the prize. I am eternally grateful for this card. I just wish I could remember when and who it came from. Maybe is really was from Jesus.

No comments:

5 year TIME JUMP!

What!!?? A 5 year time jump? Crazy. I'm just want to pretend that I've been blogging for years and everyone is caught up. I know...